Hamerman Lab Opportunities
Postdoctoral Fellowships are now available in the Hamerman Lab at Benaroya Research Institute at Virginia Mason (BRI). Come join our team in Seattle, and learn to apply cutting edge cellular analyses combined with big data approaches to the cure of immune mediated diseases. Please send any inquiries about potential job openings to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Will I Work On?
Potential projects in the Hamerman lab may focus on:
- The function of BCAP in regulating innate immune sensing in macrophages, conventional DC and plasmacytoid DC
- The function of Flightless-1 in regulating innate immune sensing and monocyte, neutrophil and DC migration and function
- The molecular mechanisms by which TLR7 signaling drives iHPC differentiation, with a focus on signaling pathways, transcription factors and cytokine co-signals
- The molecular mechanisms underlying the phagocytosis of RBC by iHPC
- The identification of iHPC in blood from patients with Macrophage Activation Syndrome and Malarial Anemia
- The contribution of iHPC to severe malarial anemia in model systems
Who Will I Work With?
Immunology Research at BRI involves interdisciplinary teams, involving both core facilities and the laboratories of multiple Principal Investigators (PIs), The Hamerman Lab collaborates with the laboratories of Drs. Buckner, Campbell, Lacy-Hulbert and Ziegler at BRI. The Hamerman lab also works closely with core facilities, including the Genomics Core, the Cell and Tissue Analysis Core, and the Clinical Core.
What Is BRI And Why Do I Want To Work There?
BRI is an internationally recognized medical research institute focused on finding cures for autoimmune and immune-mediated diseases. We stress excellence in advanced laboratory experimentation and carefully designed translational research programs. This offers our scientists the opportunity to directly impact the lives of people suffering from diseases including type 1 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, multiple sclerosis, allergies and asthma.
Who Should Apply?
We are seeking enthusiastic, highly motivated yet team-oriented individuals with an aptitude for learning and a desire to improve human health. The individuals we are seeking will hold doctoral degrees in immunology or a related field. Expertise in cellular or molecular immunology analysis is preferred.
If this description fits you, please consider joining our team, and become trained in the application of translational immunology approaches to autoimmune and immune-mediated diseases. You can apply for currently listed positions by clicking the link below. Please send any inquiries about potential job openings to email@example.com.
Benaroya Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.