Federal / Not for Profit Studies – Study Start-Up
(approx. 8-24 months from Grant submission to enrollment)
Study Start-Up Checklist and Forms:
1. Contact BRI Grants and Contracts or VMMC Foundation with proposal and submission materials. Note: depending upon the type of Grant or Foundation application, approval of the research may take upwards of 2 years.
For more information review the BRI Compliance Brochure (helpful information about the Grants and Contracts process, e.g., pre-award or post-award details).
2. Research Requirements
- Prepare Request for IRB and Funding Numbers form (includes Key Personnel list)
- Complete (all key personnel)
- Submit BRI / Investigator Compact (new investigators only)
- Obtain Final Protocol
- Draft Informed Consent(s)
- Draft Internal Budget
***MUST have Grants and Contracts approval before proceeding to Step 3***
4. Submit study synopsis to appear on BRI website by contacting us at email@example.com.
***Grants and Contracts to provide official notice when a study may begin activity***